Wednesday 4 June 2014

swept away/child

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtDpNTYBJfI

Swept away:

So we didn't get on at first
you and I 
We used to grump
and it wasn't fun

ok, so you sheltered me
yeah, well I wasn't grateful
oh and then we had a bit of a row eh,
and I told you I hated you

well, it turned out I didn't
but when did I stop hating you?
was it that night?
we sat there in the dark 

you talked to me so gently
as if you knew I was sharp because I was broken
or was it when I was lying there asleep
and you woke me so quietly and gently

or was it after the party
when we looked at the stars
and I realised you were unusual
like I am

well at first I didn't dare to talk to you
I was too wounded
but you sat with me quietly those times
until I responded, cautious, wounded

and then trust sprang up, love grew
and together, we started to build
I started to believe, to live again
to hope again, through you

so we shared a golden joyful summer
the storms came
and the storms drove us apart
as I battled the horror that came

I think about you every day
I think about you all
I think of our time together
and the hope that was swept away
the last human love I ever knew 
or ever will know


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwx4iTRLXG8

Child:

The stars are shining
as she peacefully sleeps
like a child in her mother's arms
home, safe nurtured, unaware of the horrors to come

wrapped in blankets on the ground
out under the starry sky
the safest place on earth
close to you, like a child in her mother's arms

lying on the ground, breathing the cold night air
and looking at the shimmering diamond sky
happy, safe, loved, peaceful
as she sleeps in your arms 

alone on the ground, wrapped in blankets
and wrapped safe in your love and acceptance
in the silent night the small creatures run and the owl hoots
but she sleeps like a child in your arms, safe, peaceful, happy

the dawn comes and she wakes,
peaceful in the cold early dawn
to light the stove, wash, stash the blankets
and wait another day to sleep, safe under your loving care

oh if only she could go back, be a child in your arms again
hose dark nights of safety and love
sleeping safe in your arms forever in an endless love and care, 
it's true in every way, she found paradise there







No comments:

Post a Comment